Before creating a personal blog, here are some prerequisites needed:
- A Hashnode account.
- A domain name (Optional).
Here is how to create an account on Hashnode:
- Go to hashnode.com
- Click on the Create an account button at the top-right corner of the page on your desktop screen or the profile image icon > Sign up button at the top-right corner of the page on your mobile screen.
- Enter your preferred email address or sign in with your favorite social network (GitHub, Google, Twitter & LinkedIn).
- If you choose to enter the email address instead, you will receive a secure link in your email inbox. Click on the link to continue the signup process.
- Complete your profile by adding your Full name, Hashnode username, Tagline, and Profile picture.
- You have now created an account on Hashnode; click on the Next button to continue the blog creation process.
- Input the most preferred name for your blog in the field provided.
- Select if you want your blog to be hosted on Hashnode's subdomain (yourblogname.hashnode.com) or your domain (yourblogname.com).
If you selected Hashnode's subdomain (yourname.hashnode.com), enter your preferred subdomain name and click on the Next button to complete the blog creation process.
If you selected your domain (yourblogname.com), read this guide to learn how to add a custom domain to a Hashnode blog.
- Your blog is now created; click on the link provided to access your blog and manage your dashboard, respectively.
- Follow some of your favorite technologies to personalize your feed and discover more content.
- Click on the Finish button to complete the onboarding process.